Climate in Vienna
Spring : March
Summer : June
Autuman : September
Winter : December
General Information about Vienna
• Currency: Euro
• Spoken Language : German, Hungarian, Slovenian, Austrian German
• Time difference between Oman and Austria : - 3 Hrs
• Best time to visit:
The best time to visit Vienna is from April to May or September to October. The mild weather in spring and fall brings mild crowds. Most visitors aim to enjoy the warm, sunny weather that Vienna experiences in the summer months. Between June and August, you can expect the city to fill up and room rates to skyrocket.
Information about Flights to Vienna
• Flight option: Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines
• Approximate flying hours: 8 hrs
• The number of flights in a day :
Qatar Airways ( 5 flights) Via Doha
Turkish Airlines ( 3 Flights ) Via Istanbul
Interesting facts about Vienna
1. About one fifth of the population of Austria lives in the capital, Vienna.
2. Schönbrunn Palace, the summer palace of the Habsburgs, has more than 1,440 rooms.
3. The Tiergarten Schönbrunn, founded in 1752, is the oldest zoological garden in the world.
4. Vienna’s Central Cemetery (Zentralfriedhof) has over 2.5 million tombs, it’s more than the city’s live population.
5. The magic words for wine drinkers in Vienna are ein Achtel (an eighth of a liter), which is the most common serving size in Vienna.
6. Legend says that Jerzy Franciszek Kulczycki, polish military officer under the command of Jan Sobieski during the 1683 invasion of the Turks, opened Vienna’s first coffee house using coffee beans left by the retreating Ottoman Turks. Kulczycki is memorialized with a statue on Vienna’s Kolschitzky street, at the corner of the house Favoritenstraße 64.
7. Located in the 19th district of Vienna Karl Marx-Hof has over 1 kilometre in lenght which makes it the longest single residential building in the world.
8. In Vienna mineral drinking water comes out of the taps. Fresh spring water comes through two pipelines directly from the Alps.
9. Vienna is the one of the few capital cities in the world which produce its own wine. 240 wine framers produce 2.5 million liters wine every year.
10. Vienna has been ranked as a number one city with the highest quality of living in the world.
Visa regulation to Austria
Schengan Visa prior to arrival through the BLS handled by (Spain Embassy)